Asiawe- Asia West East Institute, Cultural Center of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Malaysia, University of Malaya and National University of Singapore will hold The First Conference in Civilizational and cultural heritage of Iran and the Malay world 11-12 FEB 2017 .
CALL FOR PAPERS:
THE first International SEARCH Conference offers an occasion for experts, academics and researchers alike to come together to consider pressing issues in an open forum; seeking to define questions, pursue answers, search for research synergies and more; to both reflect on the recent past, and look forward to the future; to exchange ideas and findings in a congenial atmosphere.
Although some research had been done on Iranian influence in the Malay world, there was no consolidated work touching on all the aspects in their complexity. The role of Iranians in the spread of Islam in the Malay world of Southeast Asia is also of interest and spark interesting debates.
Due to the academic and cultural significance of this theme, a seminar on “Civilizational and Cultural Relations between Iran and the Malay world”, with focus on Malaysia, is being organised.
We encourage participation in the conference through the presentation of original papers focusing on the main theme and the following sub-themes:
• Historical and cultural relations between Iranians and Malaysians as well as Southeast Asians in a whole.
• Current cultural relation between Iran and the Southeast Asia, its perspective and possibilities for future development.
• Cultural and religious interactions between Iranians and the Southeast Asians
• Role of Iranians in the introduction and promotion of Sufism and Mystical thought in Southeast Asia and Malaysia
• Interaction between Iranian and Southeast Asian thinkers on the social and philosophical thoughts.
• Commonalities and differences between the Iranian and Southeast Asian Sufism trends.
• Interaction and Influence of the Persian language, literature (including the translated one) on the Malay language and culture
• Academic interaction between Iran and the Malay world: past and present
We welcome contributions related to the above themes from any discipline, including but not limited to anthropology, sociology, religious studies, cultural studies, literature, history, philosophy, linguistics, geography, and art.
Abstracts of proposed papers in the range of 200-300 words should be submitted by email to email@example.com – by 15 January 2017.
The proposals should include the title, name, affiliation, email address and a short biographical note of about 60-80 words in length. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by 20 January 2017.
After the conference, selected papers will be published after a rigorous peer-review process.
Abstract submission due date : 15 January 2017
Notification to authors : 20 January 2017
Full paper due date : 30 January 2017